« Home | The Grass Is Always GREENer On This Side » | Retro...Relive Your Past » | INSEP '07 Convocation » | Not just like any other day » | My Wonderful Experience at Nur Salam » | Hearts Burst Into Fire » | Goodbye Work? » | My 1st month salary... » | 1-month Job Celebration » | Best wishes, madam :) »

Friday, August 22, 2008 

Yet Another Practical Story...

Assalamualaikum…

After the completion of my 2-months classroom training, GREEN programme now continues with the practical session for about 10 months. I am currently assigned at Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad (MRCB) at Shah Alam, just beside Plaza Alam Sentral. I am under the Prasarana (Infrastructure) Department.

Originally, I thought that I was located at the HQ somewhere at KL Sentral (specifically, the One Sentral tower), as written in the offer letter, so I didn't bother to find any rental home. My plan was simply to stay with my family, and I would only need to take the Komuter from Serdang to KL Sentral, one shot. A couple of days before I started my 1st day, I got a call from Khazanah to check in at Shah Alam. So basically, this is my longest journey ever from my home to my workplace. There are many options, of course. The most important thing is that I have to get up really early, as abah will send me from home around 6:45 am and will reach Serdang around 7:00 am. By schedule, the train should arrive around 7:11 am. I can either go directly to Shah Alam station (RM4.00) and take a cab to MRCB (another RM4.00), or stop at KL Sentral, and take the U80 RapidKL bus (RM2.00) which will bring me to PKNS building, near to MRCB (obviously better, and for the fact that I could reuse the ticket on my way back). Timing is crucial, and I also need some luck for the bus to come at certain time so I could arrive at my office before 9.00 pm. (Actually, I’d already late once, but more on that later).

About 16 GREEN trainees are sent at MRCB, with various departments, mostly at KL Sentral, like Admin, HR, Building etc. 4 of them are located at Shah Alam, the Prasarana’s (me, Fety & Mid) and the 1 and only Environmental Dept, Ery. Mid had been transferred to KL Sentral recently, so there are only 3 of us now. So far, we haven’t been getting some real task just yet. Maybe this is what we call ‘belum panas lagi nih’, and to get used with the surroundings. But really, so far, I am virtually doing ‘nothing’, and without a PC at my desk it didn’t help the situation. So I am doing some reading on the company profiles and their projects involvement. I don’t want to mention all of it here as you can read it yourself at their website. Currently at Prasarana, we are handling the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) at Johor, so sometime next week they said that they will send me there to look at the site. In fact, I might have to stay there for the whole time of my training starting from this mid-September. Hmm…

On Wednesday, we had a briefing at the HQ at One Sentral. We’d got the chance to eat at almost the peak of the building with the outside surroundings of Kuala Lumpur, together with MRCB’s General Managing Director. After some detour at the KL Sentral itself in the evening, the Shah Alam-based trainee were given an early leave, so I took this chance to go to my previous working company, GRB, to (finally) take my final month salary. So I’ve got a bit of lifeline here, huhu.

I was very late on Thursday (minggu 1st dah buat perangai?). It was only 15 minutes, so I arrived to Serdang at 7:15 am. But I missed the crucial train of 7:11 am before all mankind ‘reincarnated’ themselves to a pack of ‘sardines’. Yes, you know what I am talking about. People had seized the station, and the train itself also been hijacked. I could not get in TWICE, so the 15 minutes late had been extended to about an hour. There was a surprise that morning. If you read the Friday’s newspaper (I noticed this at the Star), the headlines was about our PM, Pak Lah went to the Serdang station himself to taste the fresh sardines, err I mean, to feel the congestion of people, waiting in agony. I was there at the time he came, but unluckily I was standing at the furthest of the platform while he was near the ‘jejantas’ with some bodyguards and cameramen, and a few people. If not, you could see my face in the newspaper. :p The astonishing part was while we all wait for about 30 minutes each and every time for the next train since the early morning that day, only for a pack of sardines to arrive, Pak Lah, who came around 8:10 am, took less than 10 minutes after he missed his 1st (the one I finally got in. The newspaper said it was 15 minutes). I knew this as when I arrived at KL Sentral, just as soon as I crossed to the next platform to wait for the Klang train, I heard the announcement that ‘train to Rawang will arrive in 5 minutes’, with Pak Lah inside. That was really fast. I thought that those Komuter guys were really ‘clever’ and well-prepared, even though Pak Lah visit was supposedly a sudden one. In fact, between 8:30 am to 9:00 am, most of the sardines had dispersed a bit. Hopefully, in another time, if/when the PM is doing another spot check, it should be even earlier in the morning, say, 7:30 am, and see the ‘real’ sardines in action. Nevertheless, since Pak Lah himself had felt the ‘suffering’ of the people, hopefully there will be a drastic improvement of the Komuter service. It’s already tiresome to curse them all the time.

Where was I? I was supposedly talked about my late-comings to the office, right? Nothing more, just that I arrived at around 10 am. So there you go, another boring entry of mine. Wassalam.

answered. see budjet 2009.

tapi aku rekomen ko ride motobike la. moto besau kat umah tu gunekanla...

Post a Comment

About Me

  • I'm Shah-Azz, Inc.
  • From Putra Permai, Selangor, Malaysia
  • Excellence Forever...
My profile

Affiliations

    Powered by Blogger

    Innovation delivered

    Get Firefox

    Alternative Browser Alliance

Statistics

Malaysian Time

Your IP Address

Counters

    Free Hit Counter

Locations

Online Users

Your Origin Links

Who Links To Me?

Countries

Education Level

Chatterbox


Secrets Of My Name

Islamic Center

Prayers Time

Hijriah Date