« Home | Best wishes, madam :) » | Nazri and Elaiza's wedding » | Unbalancing act... » | Malaysia...heading towards the 'one' direction » | Nazlan & Zurina's wedding » | Febby bye bye » | Last Week of a Researcher's Log Book » | Temporary » | Let This Silent Heart be Always with You, Dear :) » | The Last Tag of 2007 »

Saturday, March 29, 2008 

1-month Job Celebration

Assalamualaikum…

So, what’s with the ‘proper’ attire I wore on Lan’s wedding before…what was that occasion? Well, fear not my friend…this Monday would be my 1-month anniversary for me being a ‘worker’..yup, that’s it…after for so long, sooo looonnggg, thinking when will my chance of earning my own salary…it finally came on that day…

I currently work in a contractor’s company somewhere around KLCC. Specificly, I work as a ‘project engineer’ at GRB Sdn Bhd, situated inside the UOA Centre. This building is exactly at the front of the Convention Centre main entrance.

So, what does a contractor do? What is really my job? Hmmm…Frankly speaking, I am not very clear of my task just yet…So far, it is something like this: My boss handed me a project from our main client, and I deal with some documentation for the project, such as Letter of Acceptance, Work Order, some tender filling stuffs, Schedule of Rate, CIDB and levy-thing, EFTs, BQs blablabla…I also have to cooperate closely with my Quantity Surveyor and Site Supervisor, also with some of the important staffs from the main client and sub-cons. And yes, I’ve attended a site meeting (one so far) and inspect the project’s site itself.

What about the work environment? It’s okay, quite pleasant, like a typical office…the staffmates here are also the ‘gile-gile’-type and funny as well..and for the fact that I’ve finally got myself a new PC to work on, just arrived late last week, theoretically*, my work productivity should increase (* - notice this word..how long do you actually ‘working in the whole working hours? :p)…

I started my job at 9am, so my Abah or Mama will send me to the Serdang station as early as 7:15-7:30am…but I do not necessary get an early train ride…I didn’t mean to belittle the Komuter service, but it always happen…the train does not often arrive at fixed schedule, and they tend to skipped time as well…by that time, people are getting more and more as they come…the people at the station itself can fill the entire empty Komuter train, if one (ever) arrives…the problem is (as usual), when the train comes, it has been jammed-packed like sardines in a can, and we have ‘compress’ ourselves to get in…even that depends on luck as well…sometimes, I had to ‘let go’ 2 or 3 trains until I got myself in, (and arrived late at the office)…After arriving at KL Sentral, I took the RapidKL to KLCC…

Our rest time is at 1-2pm…Here’s the thing…I have accustomed myself with the restaurants and stalls at Parit Raja during my study time..Here, I could have cried while eating, thinking about the price I had to pay for about 2-3 times higher! So much for being an ‘orang Kay-El’…

We stopped at 6pm..I don’t usually get out early, that’s the weird part…I leave the office around 6:30-6:45pm, sometimes even later…by average; I would reach my home between 9pm-10pm, and on rare circumstances, up until midnight! And yes, I always ‘dead’ tired, and sleep very early…the cycle continues every day, except for Saturday when I work until 1pm only (half-day), and Sunday is the off-day…

So, what is my monthly income? Hmm…I could not say this…Let’s just say, since this is my very 1st job, and I’m actually in a 3-months probation period, the salary would be just fit for my level as a n00bie…If there’s my chance of continuing here after 3 months, it might rise to a more ‘normal’ level, I don’t know…But like any other worker, the early stage of working is to get use to the environment, and get as much experience as possible…My task so far was something really new, something that doesn’t have to do with my degree as an Electrical Engineer. So I want to see how far I could go with these kinds of challenges...

But then again, you wouldn't know where your future lies...I might last more than a year, or I wouldn't even last another 1 week! I still seen videography as my long-term profession...Let's see if I could stay focus of what I love, or let it go if it means progress...

So I think that’s it for now…Sorry, I do not have photos of me and the office, with the staffmates just yet…so stay tuned, this ‘working adventure’ of mine is just the beginning…Wassalam..

selamat bekerjaya bro...keep professional attitude!..

don't pishh...pishh...ok...i'll swing you if you do that...hehehe

i forgot to text u last weekend..i was at KLCC on friday,well,as i was accompanied by my dear friend and her fiancee,i lost track of other people..gomennei..there always nextime,rite shaggy *wink wink

p(^_^)q
gambaru!

selamat menapak, selamat berpanas, selamat menyumpah dan lain-lain selamat lagi..

tq sbb mewelcomekan aku ke kl

blh type sepanjang ni masa keje means ko ni byk lepak gk eh. congrats. aku pun x sabar tggu gaji kedua aku. dh genap sebulan pun x post aper2 lagi.

Post a Comment

About Me

  • I'm Shah-Azz, Inc.
  • From Putra Permai, Selangor, Malaysia
  • Excellence Forever...
My profile

Affiliations

    Powered by Blogger

    Innovation delivered

    Get Firefox

    Alternative Browser Alliance

Statistics

Malaysian Time

Your IP Address

Counters

    Free Hit Counter

Locations

Online Users

Your Origin Links

Who Links To Me?

Countries

Education Level

Chatterbox


Secrets Of My Name

Islamic Center

Prayers Time

Hijriah Date