« Home | cissttt....SESAT! » | membulah di kenduri po'li-mawarni,terengganu, kuan... » | Life of a Husband and Wife:Live...(sort of) » | Into Oblivion (Reunion) » | Eectronics DIY Part IV - handset pakai power charg... » | nak tipu pon cover2 sket arrr....warrghh!!! » | 50kg to 50.00001 kg....darn!! » | ganas nih... » | The Quest for Mobility - Rabunkah Aku? » | Electronics DIY Part III - Repair Headphone Bunyik... »

Friday, July 06, 2007 

Emcee's MC

One of the most important requirements for any company to recruit would-be-workers is that one should be able to speak and write in English...Both of these are not my strong points.

Yeah, you have read some of my entries written in English but I believe that it isn't perfect...I sometimes confused with the tenses that should be used (past-present-future).I also often take a lot of time to write in English as I am thinking whether I use the correct word or if my sentence is in proper order. In fact, more often than not, I would open my CIDE dictionary, or googled for some nice, suitable words to be used in my writings.

Speaking is always one of my weak links, either in Bahasa or English. I am not able to generate a spontaneous idea if someone asks me or if I have to speak on the dot. I need some time to think of how should I arrange the words or what kind of word to be used. I do not always stutter of stammer, or even flinch, but of course, I sometimes become ‘lost in transition’ due to shyness or nervous. So there is sometimes I pause a while and continue while my brain keeps inserting, deleting, arranging and replacing some words simultaneously within nanoseconds! (Yeah rigghhtttt..)

So when there was one day, I were given the chance to become an emcee (MC or Master of Ceremony) of my course mates’ group presentation, I thought whether I could really do it. My job was to open the ceremony, telling the rules and regulations, introducing and welcoming the group, and such. Being an emcee was supposed to be easier to speak than a direct on the dot speech as I’ve already thought of some “presets” of words which I heard from TVs. However, I worried about whether I would successfully tell the message, or become a laughing stock for many years to come (that’s overly exaggerated, I know, but it close enough). The nice thing was that I didn’t do it alone; there was also my partner whom we took turns giving speeches on certain parts.

Of course, when it comes to my turn, I thought of some different words to speak so it would not become generic and repetitive. But on the same time, I thought that I was blabbering nonsense. This was subjective, so my course mates might think otherwise, ha-ha. These sentences were between preplanned and impulsive:

“How does it feel to be the first group to present?”

“Don’t you feel nervous or something?”

“Alright, let’s hear it from this group. Give [them] a clap, please.”

“Nice presentation, but I think it’s kind of long, don’t you think so?”

“[Since there’s no QA session], you are spared this time”

“Do you own a BMW? Do you plan to own one?”

“I wish I could own one of those [BMW vehicle] one day”

“Each of your group have chosen only one person. Who could be that lucky person is?”

“I hope that you could rate this group a bit higher, because this is MY group [chuckles]”

“Awesome, brilliant guys. [no, I’m not biased: p]”

“I’ll give my vote to him; he is much better than me”

“For the next [remaining] two groups, I have good news and bad news. Which one you want to hear first?”

Hmm…not bad I think. I think I’ll try it again some other time when there is a chance.

About Me

  • I'm Shah-Azz, Inc.
  • From Putra Permai, Selangor, Malaysia
  • Excellence Forever...
My profile

Affiliations

    Powered by Blogger

    Innovation delivered

    Get Firefox

    Alternative Browser Alliance

Statistics

Malaysian Time

Your IP Address

Counters

    Free Hit Counter

Locations

Online Users

Your Origin Links

Who Links To Me?

Countries

Education Level

Chatterbox


Secrets Of My Name

Islamic Center

Prayers Time

Hijriah Date