« Home | Juadah aku utk hari ni (dan seterusnya) » | This Isn't The End » | Tag-a-Log Again » | Lightscribe ni menarik jugak ekk… » | Tiket Berulat! » | Perihal Touch N Go, RapidKL dan Komuter » | What’s In a Name? » | Keamanan – A Review » | MusicA » | Blog Days, Revisited »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 

My 1st International Package - and it's FREE!!


Yup, that’s right.

On 19th November, I ordered a CD from the Internet. It was a Ubuntu Linux Desktop Version 8.10. Ubuntu is one of the popular Linux distros, amongst others like Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE, Debian etc.So why did I ordered it? Well, since it is FREE in everything, not just free to use, to distribute, to share with other people, to modify its source code etc, but they can send it to you also for free, no shipping cost etc., so who wouldn’t want to have one, especially FREE stuff?



It flew all the way from Holland to Malaysia for 1 months. I thought it should be quicker. They accept and processed my order on 24th November, sent it and it arrived at Malaysia on 1st December. But I’m not sure why it took another 2 weeks til it arrived at my home yesterday.


As it stated from Canonical (Ubuntu's commercial sponsor), there should be no shipping cost whatsoever, so you should received it as it is.


The inside packages. Now where should I put these stickers on…My CPU, my mouse, keyboard, monitor blabla…


Yup, it is the genuine CD. At least for this time, I acquired original software legally. How many of you even had an original software CD of any kind at your home? I had a couple, but still, there’s tons of ‘pirated booties’ installed in my PC already: p


I haven’t install this yet. I think I’m going to replace my [non-genuine] Windows OS once and for all and support open source software all the way, hahaha…

NOT!

Not yet. Maybe I’ll try dual-booting first, or using a virtual machine, like VMware or MS VirtualPC. However, it’s good to get to learn some of new cool and free stuffs of Linux and harvest the power of it, be it for enhance reliability and/or security.

Now, I’m ordering it again, this time, the Server Edition. Not just that, I ordered a 64-bit Edition even I do not have a 64-bit capable system (yet). Of course I’m planning to have one anytime in near future. I’m surveying a lot Intel Core 2 (Duo/Quad/Extreme) and maybe Core i7 (which means, a whole new system...huuuuu), and aching to feel the world of 64-bit*.

Get your free Ubuntu CD, here. (you can always download it, though.)

* - I’ve already test it for a while on Hadfi Chip ‘Farit Ismeth’ Farahan PC. He owned a Pentium D system and I’ve installed Vista 64-bit on it. But it didn’t last long as there weren’t many 64-bit capable software then (Nov’ 2006) so Chip reinstall it with the usual Win XP.

dual boot je.. senang nak blajo.. tapi seperti kate melayubuntu.blogspot.com, buat ape buat VM os yg stabil dlm os yg tak stabil?

oh, cd ni aku dah dapat dua keping, hardy heron (8.04) ngan intrepid ibex (8.10)..

lepas aku dapat cd 8.04 tu, 2 minggu selepasnye kuar le 8.10.. ceh, sungguh cis! so aku oder la 8.10 pulak.. sambil tu dl 32-bit 8.10.. dah abis dl aku install

tapi rasenye nak format balik la sebab nak try 64-bit lak..

susah takde tenet nih kalo pakai linux..

lg satu yg aku bengang, kalo layan video kt pc aku nih, gambar die tersekat2.. blocky la rasenye translation die..

nak update driver catalyst 8.12 plak pecite boleh tgk tanpa sekatan n blocky..

nasib baik ade xp bootleg.. eheheh

aku saje je nak try order cd ni n xnak donlod..nak tengok die btul2 sampai ke x...memang sampai..heheh..

aku ade gak request Fedora 10 free DVD...yg ni cam leceh sket jer...tengok arr kalau sampai jugak ke x...

aku dah gian dah nak angkut perkakasan berasaskan 64-bit nih..baru betul2 koya sket. hehe

fedora 10 eh?nanti dah sampai kasik aku pinjam buleh?

aku ade jugak bende ni. adik aku order. dah dua bulan berhabuk atas meja. belum try. haha

Post a Comment

About Me

  • I'm Shah-Azz, Inc.
  • From Putra Permai, Selangor, Malaysia
  • Excellence Forever...
My profile

Affiliations

    Powered by Blogger

    Innovation delivered

    Get Firefox

    Alternative Browser Alliance

Statistics

Malaysian Time

Your IP Address

Counters

    Free Hit Counter

Locations

Online Users

Your Origin Links

Who Links To Me?

Countries

Education Level

Chatterbox


Secrets Of My Name

Islamic Center

Prayers Time

Hijriah Date