« Home | Farewell friends!! » | Back to normal... » | This is the DVD box wrapper...but i might use simp... » | how the DVD label looks like on the DVD...of cours... » | and the same goes to Coursemates Part 2  » | The Coursemates Part I : Re-designed. Notice that ... » | Good Luck in Final!! » | chances come begging... » | Countdown to Final... » | Class DVD nearly completed... »

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 

disastrous event!

I've watched the news and read the paper about another earthquake with a magnitude of 8.7 richter scale hit western sumatera again, 2 days ago...while it didn't produce tsunami waves that killed hundreds of thousands of people, it was reported that 300 people died of the quake alone...this is another sign from God to us, who probably thought that the Dec. 26th disastrous event may not occur again in a very short time...
I myself have my own personal disastrous event that actually affect most of you...one of my 5 hard disk finally gave up 3 days ago...It was a Western Digital 80Gb hard drive, and I've configured it to be part of RAID-0 with another one..as we all know, while stripping offers performance, it has no redundancy...so if there's one drive fails, all drive in the same array will also fail (although not physically, just logically)...but the impact was sooo big, as it was quite impossible to recover data from only one hard disk in an array as the file had been divided to small bits and been distributed evenly on all other hard disk in the array...why I'm telling you all of this? Well, all of our BVC class video was IN that hard disk...and so...it was all gone & lost forever :P...but there's still some light shining on me as I still have the source video I've burned to CD before..and there are tapes which still contains the related video and it still remain intact...The only hassles now is that I have to copy/transferred the video to my hard disk back and reencode to (which took days to weeks)...and I have to repair each broken link in the DVD project...warghh...anyway, I haven't started all of these yet..still not in the mood...but I promise you all that it will be finished by the time your convocation...hopefully...

About Me

  • I'm Shah-Azz, Inc.
  • From Putra Permai, Selangor, Malaysia
  • Excellence Forever...
My profile

Affiliations

    Powered by Blogger

    Innovation delivered

    Get Firefox

    Alternative Browser Alliance

Statistics

Malaysian Time

Your IP Address

Counters

    Free Hit Counter

Locations

Online Users

Your Origin Links

Who Links To Me?

Countries

Education Level

Chatterbox


Secrets Of My Name

Islamic Center

Prayers Time

Hijriah Date