« Home | Telok Kechai : 12 Years Later » | Roadside » | Giliran Dzack lak kawin! » | Farewall Dennis, our legendary Dutchmaster » | Nonie kawin!!! » | Bolllarr Lagi » | bola loba loba » | after one month of emptiness... » | ...And the loser of the year award goes to....ARSE... » | nothing, just...nothing »

Monday, August 28, 2006 

The Longest Journey

Asssalamualaikum...

sorry for postponing this entry for a while...i need some time to 'replenish' my energy and my idea of writing it...but i think you could already guess what kind of article will I write about this time, by looking at the uploaded pictures....

the longest journey ehhh? probably so, especially in a very short time-span...but i think it's worth a shot...

last week, i received an invitation from my former schoolmate and kindergaten-wet-noses-and-dripping-saliva-mate (just overemphasize), Nik Nurliyana on her brother's wedding, Nik Mohd Nadzmi...let me give you some briefing here...We'd known each other since Tadika Tambak Bunga and then, we went to the same primary school (SKTK)... our father also known each other way back before, originated from the same state (Kelate), went to the same U (UniPutra), and worked at the same office (MARDI)...we'd also frequently visited each others' home during those hey-days, even I myself often come to their home to play computer games...those were the eras of MS-DOS with CGA monitor and 5.25" floppy disk..huhuhuuh...also, those countless of activities during any family function held at MARDI or any other recreational places..

of course, time passes by, and just like any old pal old buddy, we went to our seperate ways, went to different secondary school (its very obvious,hers is the all-girl school, mine is the all-boys school) and different universities, and eventually, we (my family) moved to another state...so it become very, very hard to meet them even more...

until this invitation came...

Yana told me in Friendster that Nadzmi is getting married...I thought "OMG, all of the sudden, looks like his time has come..."...since it's been a very while I haven't met Yana or Nadzmi and their family, i thought this would be a very good chance of returning to my previous 16-year stay at Kedah...and for the fact that my father couldn't come (he had 3-days outstation job), i thought that there should be at least someone from Shuhaimen's family to come...that would be me...huhuhu

That wasn't really bad...in fact, it was so good to come back to the place where I grew up...I haven't been there ON MY OWN for 5 years (although in 2004 I followed my family as they wanted to vote there)....

Of course, I considered some other plans as well...I was thinking of whether to take a direct bus from B.P. to A.S., which will take 10 hours, or stopping by at K.L. first...I choose the latter, since I couldn't stand sitting without a proper body posture (i mean 'lenguh'2 at my neck and my leg lerr), not to mention, uncomfortable with my butt getting warm..huhuhu...

Since I arrived K.L. at 7:15pm in the evening, I couldn't stopped by to my home, as I had to catch up the 12:00am bus to A.S...However, I need to kill off my time between this time, so the one place I could think of is going to my rocker's friend performance at Queen's Park, Cheras (after prayer at Pudu's surau, lorr)...He participated in ROCKUNITE, in a mission to established his band, NROCINU, as Malaysia's metal powerhouse (ewah, promote nih...Mambo, blanje aku lepas nih!!)...the frontman, Roll a.k.a Mambo was my U-mate (he has graduated, while i'm stuck in here)...during his U-time, he has impressed us with his exceptional guitar skills, reminiscent of Malmsteen + Hammett...in fact, he 1st recorded his 1st demo songs, 'The Fandango Of Life', in my computer, using CoolEdit Pro (now become Adobe Audition)...his band has created a lot of original songs, released a demo, an EP and couple of live recorded shows on VCDs (wah, dah banyak promote nih...tak menang xtaulerr)..to know this band further, see here...


anyway, when I watched his performance that day, I thought it wasn't really his best as before..the song 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' he played was somewhat out of sort, and he even sang the lyrics wrong...the next song (their self-made song 'Luahan') was way much better... However, the judges pointed the error made on the 1st song, and ultimately, affect a lot of fans' votes...they finally lost to THE BIG BAND (other bands that night include KIRI and REBORN), and now hoping for re-entry when Wildcard session held on Sept 9th...


In case for those who want to be a 'foot' traveller like me, and would like to go there, I've included this map, courtesy of Google Earth...


From Plaza Rakyat, take the STAR line to Chan Sow Lin station, and follow the yellow line which I have indicated...it is a 1km, 15 minutes walk...

Fast-forward my story, after 6-hour bus trip to A.S. (arrived there at 6pm), after Subuh prayer and had breakfast at Shahab Perdana, I simply sat there, idling for another 6 hours, waiting for the official 'menjamah' time...I did sms Yana, telling here that I've arrived, before my handphone's battery gave up (so I couldn't received further message or calls :p)...During this time, I was considering of going to my ex-school...I did not know whether I was serious or not, but just keep thinking of it..I thought of going there around 10am, during the kid's recess, but then, rain poured down momentarily...

As i waited, there was this pakcik came to me, asking where am I heading to...He is the conductor of HBR's buses (I noticed his green shirt with the HBR tag at the pocket)...I showed him the wedding map, and he told me to take the Kuala Nerang/Pokok Sena bus, with the fare of RM1.70, if i'm going there....that was just the introduction...to open up further conversations, he asked me where am i from, my origin, my school, etc...so I had a little chit-chat with him...He was impressed for the fact that I'm still in touch with my old friends, although he mistakenly thought that it was Yana's wedding that day, not Nadzmi (I didn't tell him, though..and he didn't noticed the name at the wedding card)...the funny thing was that he thought I came back to meet my 'long-lost-admirer' and fate had seperated us from being together.."hang susah2 mai sini lepah lama tak jumpa, ni mesti hang dulu pernah rase syok gak kat dia nih...takpelar, bagitau je PakLong, bukannyer ape..biasa lerr...dulu2 kecik2 gaduh2, cemuih2...sekarang rase rindu balik lak.."...I just 'layankan ajerlerrr'...huhu (Yana, kalau anda baca sini, no offence intended yah....ni saje jer cite balik ayat2 pakcik ni je...huhuh :p...EDIT - ade le kot sdikit sbyk betul jugak tuh...)...but on his next advice actually 'zaps' my soul, somewhat..."Kalau hang ade sorang yg rase syok kat hati, hang bagitau jer...kekadang yang si dia, kalau ade marah2,cemuih2 dulu tu sebnarnye pon boleh jadi rindu kat hang...cume tunggu hang cakap jer...sebab die buat sume2 tuh menunjukkan die amik berat kat hang...takpayah rase segan nak cakap suka kat dia balik...tu yg ramai terlepaih nun bile orang lain dapat..."...emm, I just smiled and nodded..he's right...pakcik ni rupenye power gak words of wisdomnyer...and for instant, i AM thinking of 'someone':), i just didn't have the will to tell her yet..maybe i'm not quite ready the outcome...i don't know...huuuuuuu...to end the conversation, he introduced himself as 'PakLong Mansor', and even gave his number '017-487XXXX' (uik xleh sebut, nanti korang nak mintak tips cintan lak kat die :p)...

The next task was...BACK TO SCHOOL! (refer to the entry below this one..had to be divided or this entry would be wayyyyy tooo loonggg for you to comprehend it!!)

Coming back to Shahab, I took the HBR Kuala Nerang/Pokok Sena bus...the route of the bus would be like this:


This bus will always pass through Pekan Rabu from west, so it will make a U-turn around a couple of blocks before taking the Jalan Langgar route...and yeah, this bus will not go in the Jalan Dato' Kumbar junction, so at that point, i had to rely on my trusty and rusty feet...


In my whole KUiTTHO life, I'd walked a lot more than 'drive' (actually 'tumpang' rerakan naik keta or motor), and I'd even walked a longer path than this one (such as from Puduraya to KLCC, Serdang LRT Station to Tmn Sri Serdang, Parit Raja to KUiTTHO or SKTK to Tmn Sri Kota...try refer to maps)...hey, no sweat! (no pun intended either..i'm a bit wet,actually)...so I felt relieved when I finally reached Yana's home...



This is Nik Mohd Nadzmi Nik Mohd Noor and his bride, Norhaslinda Nordin...they met at the same U - UPM (the same course also, i believe)...this was the only picture i took (i mean, human element picture), since i was a bit tired, and for the fact that i'm a latecomer (I arrived there almost 4pm), so I missed a lot of nice potential pose and setups...there's no picture of either me, Yana, their other siblings Hana and Didi, their parents & the guests...hopefully Yana could upload some shots in her blog and write something about it...oh, yeah, we talked a lot, about our school days, our friends, and our 'present-state condition',maybe some gossips as well...She had finished her studies at MMU, so its good for her...


I think it's ok if i showed this 'hantaran' and bed picture...ok ekkk..

At the evening, after saying goodbye to the family and the wedding couple, Yana sent me back to Shahab...at least i could reserve my energy a bit this time...huhuhu...she also had to send Didi back to matriculation at Bertam.....and Hana will be back to Russia in a couple of days...so i returned back to B.P. that night, and had to endure the pain in my neck and my leg, and this hot-butt feeling throughout the journey...wargh!

May Allah s.w.t. bless Nadzmi-Linda's wedding forever and in afterlife...Amin




PS - this is the 1st entry i write using the new Blogger Beta...carre gile...sesape yg dah ade blogger bleh log on kat http://beta.blogger.com...make sure daftar akaun Google gak yek, free jerr!

About Me

  • I'm Shah-Azz, Inc.
  • From Putra Permai, Selangor, Malaysia
  • Excellence Forever...
My profile

Affiliations

    Powered by Blogger

    Innovation delivered

    Get Firefox

    Alternative Browser Alliance

Statistics

Malaysian Time

Your IP Address

Counters

    Free Hit Counter

Locations

Online Users

Your Origin Links

Who Links To Me?

Countries

Education Level

Chatterbox


Secrets Of My Name

Islamic Center

Prayers Time

Hijriah Date